O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below–you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way (NIV).
O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth beneath, keeping covenant and steadfast love for your servants who walk before you with all their heart (NRSV).
Reflect on 1 Kings 8:23
- What is the overarching story of 1 Kings 8?
- Where does Solomon’s word fit into the story?
- What are some “earthly” gods in the world who are not like God?
- Where do you need to say no to some things in order to YES to God?
- This passage is a prayer … part of an extended conversation with God. How could you use this verse in your prayers?