Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (NIV).
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (NRSV).
Reflections on John 14:6
- Read chapter 13 and chapter 14 in John's gospel to understand the broader stream of Jesus' message for us. Again, you may want to read these chapters from The Message.
- Jesus makes a bold claim here … I am the Truth, I am the Way, I am Life! Do you remember Jack Nicholson's character Colonel Jessup thundering in the movie A Few Good Men, "you can't handle the truth!"? Can you handle this truth? What would it mean for you to let Jesus be truth for you and not whatever other standard others might bring to you?
- The word "way" implies a journey. Where are you on the journey with Jesus? Can you trust him to show you the way?
- Life … abundant life … What are some paths that folks offer for abundant living? Why do they come up short?
- Take time to post a comment or question.