Memorize 1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed (NRSV).
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed (NIV).
Reflect on 2 Peter 2:24
- Read 1 Peter 2:21-25 from the NRSV, NIV, or The MESSAGE.
- One of the ways we make a passage our own is to give the passage a title. What would you call this passage?
- In the season of Lent we are paying attention to different ways of living. Peter reminds us that because of Jesus we may "live for righteousness." Where did Jesus show you how to live for righteousness?
- What sins have you died to because Jesus has set you free?
- Where in you life does Jesus need to help you take the next step forward?