Memorize Ephesians 1:7-8
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and insight (NRSV).
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding (NIV).
Reflect on Ephesians 1:7-8
- Read Ephesians 1 from the NRSV, the NIV, or The MESSAGE.
- In Ephesians 1 we are assured that God our Father has adopted us as children … as sons and daughters. In our culture with its emphasis on the immediate family, what does it mean to see everyone in the body of Christ as a sister or brother?
- What does the word redemption mean (think of redeeming a coupon at the grocery store)? What does it mean that God has redeemed you?
- What are you redeemed for? What are you redeemed from?
- What two lavish gifts does our Father offer us?