In Order to Reach Non-Religious People We Must Answer Three Crucial Questions:
- Why do people need JESUS CHRIST?
- Why do people need the CHURCH?
- Why do people need A UNITED METHODIST CHURCH?
Adam’s answers to the above for the Church of the Resurrection:
- Jesus is the answer to the deepest longing of every human heart.
- The church is the physical embodiment of Jesus in the world. The church is a community that loves and accepts me, helps me grow, and then go out in service to the world.
- Adam turns the final question to us: “What is special about your congregation?”
From Visitor to Member:
- Saddleback’ s model: Invite – Disciple – Equip – Mission
- COR’s adaptation: Invite folks to change the world, introduce them to who Jesus is, invite them into deeper discipleship, and equip disciples for service.
The Case for Methodism (United Methodists embrace both):
- Mind and Heart
- Evangelical Gospel and Social Gospel
- Grace and Personal Holiness
- Conservative and Liberal
You can check out the video at this link: “Evangelism and the Case for Methodism“